So I figured out the problem in my last post. Then, after getting some things working, I ran into another problem and decided to move on to the next project, creating a Twitter spambot.
Here I ran into a problem with OpenSSL. I googled the problem and discovered a solution. The problem is, the solution doesn’t work for Windows.
I have tried to install a linux virtual machine in the past. I spent hours on it and could never get it to work quite right. I could also partition my drive and install linux on my desktop, I suppose. Again, it seems like a lot of work.
I will keep looking. If anyone reading has any solutions, let me know!